“LOGISTIC EXCELLENCE IN THE SILK ROUTE”
Envisioning the future of Sri Lankan Ports, Sri Lanka Ports Authority is shifting its original thought of container hub to global logistic hub, expecting the boom in international trade that opens up a range of opportunities and challenges. Ports Authority expects to strength complex logistic approaches with “one touch”‘ information flow of all activities while sustaining the best practices at national and international level in order to improve overall economic conditions in Sri Lanka.
“DELIVERY OF WORLD CLASS SERVICES IN A SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENT”
Emphasizing on the thought of creating global logistic hub port in Sri Lanka, the port authority is expected to construct multi-dimensional logistic system to integrate logistic functions while opening a deep water sea port with excellent maritime access that enables to receive large vessels and to operate them in modern specialized terminals.
Responding to the expected future growth of the port and the region, a modern port, free of urban restrictions, thus assuring long-term expansion capacity and an industrial and logistics zone of worldwide extent logistic platform that can receive the main players of port, maritime, industrial and logistic sectors is expected to be devised. While adhering to the highest standard of integrity, the port further assures to present economically efficient and environmentally sound intensive benefits and port services to port users and stakeholders.
- To develop and maintain state-of-the-art facilities in the Commercial Ports of Sri Lanka.
- To maintain effective and efficient Port Services.
- To maintain high levels of Productivity in order to ensure speedy turnaround of vessels
- To provide a competitive edge to importers & exporters by ensuring a cost effective, efficient & reliable Service.
- To ensure safety and security of the Port users and Port infrastructure.
- To provide a conducive working environment for all stakeholders.
- To contribute funds to the General Treasury for infrastructure development in the Health, Education & Transport sectors.